Abstract Submission for oral and poster presentations open 27 March – 7 August 2017
CLICK HERE to submit your Abstract online
The DOF2017 symposium will be the primary platform for presenting new scientific developments in complex food systems, and their applications to food engineering design, food functionality and food consumption, the concepts of complexity and emergent phenomena in food science and two new hot topics: replacements for animal-derived proteins; and effects of food structures on the microbiome of the human gut.
Hot topics will be presented by invited world-renowned experts, and the latest research findings will be presented in short talks and poster communications.
The topics for the scientific sessions are:
- Novel structures for delivery of bioactives in foods
- New and emerging processes and ingredients for delivering functionality
- Natural and biomimetic food systems – structures and functionality
- Food synergy to deliver enhanced functionality
- Delivery to the microbiome
- Implementation of delivery systems in food products
- Complexity and emergent phenomena in food science
- Interactions between delivery systems and the human body (sensory, digestion, release, bioaccessibility and bioavailability)
- Functionality of animal-derived proteins and their substitutes and extenders